httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Dan Mahoney, System Admin" <d...@prime.gushi.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Virtualising 'ErrorLog'
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2005 13:09:13 GMT
On Tue, 2 Aug 2005, Brian Candler wrote:

I saw a set of patches a while ago for this, that someone had written
around the time of 1.3.28-1.3.29

If you can't find them, I may still have them and/or the email address of
the author.

-Dan

> I can easily set up access logs such that the Host: header is included; this
> allows the logs to kept in a single file and then post-filtered to separate
> them out per virtual user. e.g.
>
> LogFormat "%{Host}i %h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\""
combined

> However, is there a way to do the same for ErrorLog? That is, without having
> to set up a <VirtualHost> container for each site (since I'm using
> mod_rewrite for mass virtual hosting). In particular, I want each site's CGI
> stderr output to be filterable.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Brian.

"It doesn't matter where I live, because I live in dataspace.  That's my
hometown."

-Steve Roberts, Builder of BEHEMOTH