httpd-users mailing list archives

From "M. Alex Hankins" <lxhankins...@fastmail.fm>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_cache returning 304 status on non-conditional requests (mod_mem_cache, 2.0.54)
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2005 23:52:16 GMT
Hi, I'm running httpd 2.0.54 on Solaris with mod_mem_cache and
mod_deflate.

I noticed that in less than 2d 10h of uptime, we started getting broken
images on one of our pages.  Packet analysis showed that httpd was
returning a 304 Not Modified response to requests for images that were
not conditional.  Specifically, there were no request headers starting
with "If".

Is this a new bug?  Is it related to the 2005-05-21 thread "mod_cache
deliver 304 instead of (not so) stale cache" on the apache-httpd-dev
list [
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-httpd-dev&m=111670599704955&w=2
]?

I also saw error messages (in error_log) that looked similar to the
following.  Can anyone confirm or deny whether they are related?

[Wed Aug 10 11:28:28 2005] [error] [client 10.1.1.1] (130)Software
caused connection abort: mod_asis: ap_pass_brigade failed for file
/foo/bar/frob.js.asis, referer: http://host.domain/alex/

Disabling mod_cache seems to have solved the problem, for some
definition of "solved"; I'd really like my cache back.  *grin*

Thanks in advance,
Alex Hankins