httpd-users mailing list archives

From Matt Pruett <ente...@logicaldreams.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Bandwidth quota's?
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2005 12:31:00 GMT
Is it possible to implement in apache a website bandwidth quota? You see
it on a number of hosting companies, where if a site chews up too much
the users will eventually get a different site saying something like
"site has used up their monthly bandwidth quota". I am mostly interested
in protecting myself from run away downloads, like say someone posts a
popular file on their site that then starts getting downloaded like
crazy putting my bandwidth costs through the roof.

Thanks :)
--
Matt Pruett <entelin@logicaldreams.net>