httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Dan Carl" <d...@bluestarshows.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Multiple SSL servers behind one public ip
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2005 20:55:19 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wrowe@rowe-clan.net>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, August 26, 2005 2:57 PM
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Multiple SSL servers behind one public ip

> If you are buying a commercial cert, why do you even need a self signed
> cert?  If it's self signed, the user gets a popup warning.  If the host
> name doesn't match the cert's CN, then the user gets a popup warning.
> Since they get the popup either way, buy a commercial cert for the
> official content, and use the same cert on the 'internal back end' or
> whatever purpose you had planned to use a self-signed cert for.

Can I don it something like this?
all https comes in machine(a). The client gets the cert.
Machine(a) get pages from machine(b) over http and send them https to
client.

What I have is a webserver and a mailserver(running webmail)
I only need the login process to webmail encrypted.
Can I do this with mod_proxy/ mod_rewrite?
If so how?
Right now I have my mailserver setup as mail.mydomain.com and ssl webserver
as ssl.mydomain.com.
Would I have to set the mailserver URL to something like
ssl.mydomain.com/mail?