httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Octavian Rasnita" <orasn...@fcc.ro>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache speed
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2005 10:00:55 GMT
Hi,

I have made a program in Perl (which runs using mod_perl) and I have counted
the time it runs when it is accessed.

I have put at the beginning of the program:

my $begin = (times)[0];

And at the end I have put:

my $end = (times)[0] - $begin;

The value of $end is usually 0.2 seconds, but if I open that web page, the
browser shows "Opening page..." for 2 or 3 seconds, even though I am the
single user of that test web server and it is located on my computer, so the
bandwidth is not a problem.

The size of the web page is very small, so displaying it on the screen
shouldn't take too much time either.

What else could take so much for that page to display and what could I make
to make it display faster?

Thank you.

Teddy