httpd-users mailing list archives

From Alf C Stockton <...@stockton.co.za>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] OS 10048
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2005 15:23:49 GMT
On Tue, 5 Jul 2005, Robert Zagarello wrote:

> I would think the process only starts up on boot.  Was
> the process IIS?  If so you should be able to disable
> its startup using the Services app.  If it was some
> other process not a service, you can check your normal
> startup locations in the registry (HKLM and HKCURR
> /SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Run).

Yes it was IIS and even if I stop the process via TCPView it automagically
restarts. I suspect that this might have something to do with the fact that I
have .NET also installed on the same machine. What do you think ?

---

Regards,
Alf Stockton	www.stockton.co.za

A language that doesn't affect the way you think about programming is
not worth knowing.