httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mike.Edwa...@newsabina.com
Subject [users@httpd] Accessing my website internally
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2005 19:16:52 GMT

Hello everyone,
I have my web site up and running without any issues.  But my Question is

How do I access my site on my local network without the outside connection.
The WEB server is on the same physical network. This means not going out to
DSN

I have several virtual host entries and to access them I have to go out to
my ISP and back.  I turn off my port forwarding and access is shut off.  I
understand this.  The default virtual host, which is the first host, does
respond. Locally I type xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:1100 and I see my apps that are
internal only. All of this is correct so far but I want to turn off outside
connection still have my other virtuals.  I have tried my host file but
this does not work.

Can someone help me,
 Mike Edwards
Software EngrThe information in this eMail and any attachments therein is
confidential and for use by the addressee only. If you are not the intended
recipient please return the eMail to the sender and delete it from your
computer. Although New Sabina attempts to sweep eMail and attachments for
viruses New Sabina does not guarantee that either are virus free and accept
no liability for any damage sustained as a result of viruses.