httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Autumnal" <autum...@aurora.nulluser.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] ./ Relative paths fail silently / Suse Linux / shell?
Date Sun, 17 Jul 2005 02:29:11 GMT

Joshua Slive said:
> On 7/16/05, Autumnal <autumnal@aurora.nulluser.com> wrote:
>>

> It is completely unclear to me what problem you are trying to solve.

Well, any script or HTML page that uses this type of path fails. HTML,
PHP, PERL, you name it.

> Exactly where do these relative paths occur?  What do you mean by

In any of the above pages or scripts.

> "fails silently"?  If you are having problems with paths in html

What I mean is that no error is sent to the browser nor generated in
the log files -- in the case of say, a PHP script. Execution stops
cold when it reaches this point. Removing the "./" allows the script
to go forward. Thus my question -- how do I allow the
"./some/path/here" type path to be used in scripts, pages, etc that
are served by Apache?

> pages, then that has nothing directly to do with apache.  The browser

Strange. The browser doesn't seem to have a problem resolving this
sort of path on other systems, so why would it fail silently when
accessing pages or scripts on this server? It doesn't seem to be a
UNIX exception, as the script for phpMyAdmin (an SQL admin tool using
PHP) is written with ./some/path/here paths all over the place.

~Autumnal