httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Autumnal" <autum...@aurora.nulluser.com>
Subject [users@httpd] ./ Relative paths fail silently / Suse Linux / shell?
Date Sun, 17 Jul 2005 01:19:09 GMT

Greetings and a quick question. I haven't found info on this in
newsgroup searches, google, or any other searches. I'm not sure if
it's a UNIX/shell issue or an Apache config issue that I'm having --
again, the lack of info is frustrating. It's not CGI-language
specific, either.

I rediscovered this when trying to install phpMyAdmin, which uses the
path style './some/directory/path' all over the place. It fails
silently, as does any other reference in HTML, PERL, you name it to a
path using ./

My question is -- how do I enable this in Apache? I'd just like to
access files/scripts this way (most phpMyAdmin) while still
maintaining the accessibility of this format:
pathname/another/path/file.file, which is the default behavior of
Apache under Suse 9.

Apologies if this is too basic, but I seem to have hit a brick will in
my quest for info.

Best,
~Autumnal