httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] File web browser problem
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2005 13:43:19 GMT
Plain text please...

You have to define exactly what "canot be seen" means. Is it:

- 404 not found
- 403 Forbidden
- 500 server error
- computer explodes
- ????

In any case, what does it say in the access log and the error log when you try to access the
dir?

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

-----Original Message-----
From: Maureen Nalunga [mailto:m_nalunga@yahoo.com]
Sent: Donnerstag, 21. Juli 2005 16:05
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] File web browser problem

Hi,

I am a new apache user and I have configured it to help me share some of my catalogs. The
problem I have is that when I log on to the system as root every thing goes on well, but when
I use another user then problems starts.

The biggest problem now is that, the catalogs created by a normal user under the same main
rootFolder cannot be seen in a web browser and I cann't find out why. I guese it has to do
with the access rights, but I have full access right/permissions to these files through windows.
Why cann't I browse through them then?

Thanks.

Maureen
Apache lover