httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache proxying
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2005 09:35:14 GMT
Please don't change the "Reply To" field (you changed it so that replies go to you personally
and not to the list. This defeats the purpose of the archive and wastes people's time if they
post back on a thread that's already been answered).

-s tests a filename. Like /home/web/dir/page.html. REQUEST_URI is the thing to the right of
the domain name in the URL. Like /dir/page.html. So unless your docroot is "/", this will
always be true (ie, the REQUEST_URI will never match a filepath).

> 	RewriteRule  %{REQUEST_ URI}
> ^http://${lowercase:%{SERVER_NAME}}/$(REQUEST_FILENAME) [P]

And what exactly does it say in the error_log? It will tell you the path that your compilcated
rule is resolving to. Also you could switch on RewriteLog and see what it's doing.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> Does anyone see where I'm going wrong? Suggested rules would help me a
> lot.Thanks.

the sender's company.