httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Proxy Server to Web Server Ratio
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2005 08:29:51 GMT

May be... (I've no idea if apache buffers data to disk) but this is only accidentally correlated
with the *number* of internal servers. In fact, it's just a question of traffic.

I'm assuming that the questioner can calculate traffic - but he seems concerned that if he
adds too many ProxyPass lines to the config, that he'll get an error saying "Too Many Proxies
Configured! Overload! Overload! Overload!..." He won't.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> Having said that, we have a proxy server that farms dynamic web pages
> *and* proxies for a couple of dozen remote servers (defined within
> multiple vhost sections <grin /> )
>

> Boyle Owen wrote:

the sender's company.