httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Craft, Wesley" <Wesley.Cr...@titan.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Problem logging SIGTERM to ErrorLog when piping to rotatelogs
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2005 14:06:37 GMT
This is a strange problem when using rotate logs. We have multiple
apache servers running and the one without rotatelogs being piped to
from the ErrorLog directive reports the following in the error log when
shutting down:

     [Wed Jun 15 14:08:46 2005] [notice] caught SIGTERM, shutting down

The servers that pipe the ErrorLog through rotatelogs have this (on a
line by itself, no timestamp):

     Terminated

Starting back up seems normal and all logs are consistant on their
reporting. The Loglevel is set to notice. Running Apache 1.3.33 on SunOS
5.8. I've been unable to find any references to this problem online. Any
thoughts as to what the problem and/or solution may be would be
appreciated. Thanks,

Wes