httpd-users mailing list archives

From Chase <xan...@juun.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] [RESOLVED] Regular Expression Question
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2005 07:22:58 GMT
> i mean, looking at the script, which i yanked from an online
> tutorial, it's obvious where the problem is:
>
> <?
> Header( "HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently" );
> Header( "Location: http://www.foo.com" );
> ?>
>
> i just need to figure out how in php to get it to respect the
> entire original file path.
>
> it probably won't be too hard.  if i get stuck, i'll post on a php
> list.

okay, got it.  i hate leaving threads unfinished, because it's
annoying to follow a thread in an archive and hit an unresolved dead
end, so for the sake of those reading this years from now, it's:

<?
Header( "HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently" );
Header( "Location: http://www.foo.com" . $_SERVER["REQUEST_URI"] );
?>

... or at least that seems to be working nicely thus far.

the end.

- chase

ps:  thanks to dan for getting me back on track with this more
elegant (IMO) solution.