httpd-users mailing list archives

From Axel-St├ęphane SMORGRAV <Axel-Stephane.SMORG...@europe.adp.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache 2.0: mod_cache: "Cache-Control: no-cache" not preventing content from being served from cache
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2005 12:09:07 GMT
As far as I have understood RFC2616 14.9.1 and 14.9.2, no-cache is supposed to prevent content
from being served from cache without revalidation, and no-store forbids storing content altogether.

Tests I made with Apache 2.0.49 and 2.0.54 show that Apache gladly serves contents containing
"Cache-Control: no-cache" in the response header, from cache without revalidation. On the
other hand, if the response contains "Cache-Control: no-store", the response is not cached.

I submit that the CACHE_OUT filter should not be run if the cached headers contain "Cache-Control:
no-cache".

Any thoughts?

-ascs