httpd-users mailing list archives

From Axel-St├ęphane SMORGRAV <Axel-Stephane.SMORG...@europe.adp.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Issues with proxying and subfolders
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2005 07:06:31 GMT
I am not sure I understood everything.

>From what I understand you have two virtual hosts on the same physical computer, and the
two virtual hosts share the same IP address. That must mean that you are using named virtual
hosts.

Where are your Listen and NameVirtualHost directives?

-ascs

________________________________

From: Steve Teater [mailto:stevet@aarecov.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2005 10:09 PM
To: Apache Weblist
Subject: [users@httpd] Issues with proxying and subfolders

I currently have two physical servers on my network. I am using two different hostnames which
both resolve to the same ip address. The main server properly proxies up data from the other
server, unless the data is in a subfolder. It doesn't matter what is in the subfolder (html,
gif, or jpeg), it is shown. I can get to the data by typing in the internal IP address of
the secondary server and then the subfolders, but not by using it's domain name. Here is the
virtual host definitions from httpd.conf on the main server (I've change only the domain names):

<VirtualHost *>
ServerName main.com
DocumentRoot /srv/www/htdocs
UserDir disabled root
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *>
ProxyPreserveHost On
ServerName secondary.com
ProxyPass / http://10.1.0.2/
ProxyPassReverse / http://10.1.0.2/
</VirtualHost>

If I point port 80 at the secondary server, all the subfolders are visible, no problems. The
secondary server is my production server, and I don't want to take it down in order to add
mod_proxy. Both server are running SuSe Linux 9.3. The main server is running Apache 2.0.54
with mod_proxy turned on. The secondary server is running the Apache 2.0.50 binary that came
with SuSe 9.2. Is there a setting that I missed in the virtualhost definition?

Steve