httpd-users mailing list archives

From Axel-St├ęphane SMORGRAV <Axel-Stephane.SMORG...@europe.adp.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache 2.0.54 and SSLaccelerator card
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2005 17:23:49 GMT
The mod_ssl included with Apache 2.0 has nothing to do with the one you may have been used
to with 1.3.

I build Apache 2.0 with any OpenSSL 0.9.7. The module mod_ssl is statically built into Apache,
whereas libssl and libcrypto are shared objects.

In order to use the cryptographic accelerator, I set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to the location
where the manufacturer's OpenSSL libraries with support for the accelerator are located, before
starting the server. That does the trick. Using a Sun tool to inspect kernel variables I can
watch the accelerator counters increase with traffic.

I have no idea how to direct vanilla OpenSSL to use a particular built-in HW support. Maybe
it does use the HW accelerator whenever it detects it is installed ? I do not know what Sun
has done to OpenSSL to add support for their cards, but maybe they have just added support
for their cards in addition to the HW already supported by openssl.org ?

-ascs

-----Original Message-----
From: Horthik [mailto:p_karthikeyan_be@yahoo.co.in]
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2005 2:55 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Apache 2.0.54 and SSLaccelerator card

hi,
 I am also having any libraries(.so file in lib),I am using ubsec accelerator card ,I think
openssl is already having support for this card by default, In apache it should come "SSLCryptoDevice
builtin" in ssl.conf,so that we can modify "SSLCrypotoDevice ubsec"  to enable accelerator
card, I am not getting that one.
  can you please specify your, configuration and building steps for Appache 2.0 with sslaccelerator.
 Thanks for your reply

-Karthikyan

--- Axel-St├ęphane  SMORGRAV