httpd-users mailing list archives

From Axel-St├ęphane SMORGRAV <Axel-Stephane.SMORG...@europe.adp.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Cookies and Apache 2
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2005 08:07:28 GMT
Seems like an application problem to me.

Once a session is created, the browser sends the session cookie with every request. When loading
a gallery picture fails, the session cookie is sent correctly. When the loading succeeds,
the cookie is sent correctly, but the browser also receives a cookie by the same name (GallerySession)
with the same value. To me this indicates that a new session is created with the same session
ID.

Furthermore, every time loading fails, the browser receives a new cookie named "lang" although
the same cookie was sent in the request. When loading the picture succeeds, no such cookie
is received.

My bet is on session handling in the application.

-ascs

________________________________

From: Peter Gourlie [mailto:loafski@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, July 10, 2005 12:14 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Cookies and Apache 2

Hi all,

I'm relatively new to this, and to be honest I don't quite understand how Apache works completely,
but I have searched the internet as well as the FAQ for any information on the various cookie
settings and Apache 2.

To be more specific, I am using a web portal, php-nuke (www.phpnuke.org) on my friend's server,
and currently also am running PHP Version 4.3.4 and Apache/2.0.48 (Fedora).  My problem summarized
is:

Problem: Log in to site, click on module, says it is inactive. Hit refresh 4 or 5 times, the
module appears. A cookie problem of sorts.

Now, I've tried for a month and a half to get the support I need from the makers of my web
portal, but unfortunately there wasn't much help to be had.  Now I turn to the Apache community.

Are there any settings that can fix the problem I described?

Should anyone be willing to put the time in and help me, email me and I can specifically show
you what my problem is with it.  I have narrowed the problem down to being Apache by trying
different browsers, IP's, ISP's, and different versions of my web portal.

Thank you for your time Apache community.

Pete
www.loafski.com