httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Gary W. Smith" <g...@primeexalia.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Rewrite / reverse proxy question
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2005 05:25:57 GMT
We've been running the section of code below for some while to proxy to an exchange server
behind the wall.  The problem recently has been SSL.  For a variety of reasons we have SSL
and non SSL connections.  After implementing the SSL cert on the servers we ran into a problem
with the return data being http as opossed to https.  This makes sense because of the proxy
config.  The question now is can we do both SSL and non-SSL on a proxy request?

Below is the config file.  Also, neither rewrites seem to work.  Is there anything that I'm
doing obviously wrong?

RewriteEngine on

RewriteRule ^/~/[Ee]xchange /exchange/ [R]

# This doesn't seem to work either

#RewriteRule ^/~/exchange/i /exchange/ [R]

ProxyRequests Off

ProxyPreserveHost On

ProxyPass /exchange http://10.41.63.12/exchange

ProxyPassReverse /exchange http://10.41.63.12/exchange