httpd-users mailing list archives

From Duane Winner <dwinner-li...@att.net>
Subject [users@httpd] can apache use 2 different auth modules?
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2005 10:20:53 GMT
hello,

I'm trying to find out if it's possible to configure Apache2 with two
seperate authentication modules (mod_auth_mysql and mod_auth_pgsql)
running in the same server.

I have two virtual servers running, and one needs mod_auth_mysql to
authenticate users against fields in a MySQL database.
The other virtual server does authentication using mod_auth_pgsql to
authenticate users against fields in a Postgresql database.

The problem I'm finding is that whichever module is loaded first (listed
in httpd.conf) wins.

If mod_auth_mysql is listed first, the authentication mechanism in the
virtual server that needs Postgresql authentication fails and tries to
use MySQL, even the the directives are configured for Postgresql. The
error logs show that "MySQL" authentication fails even though it's
supposed to use postgresql.

If mod_auth_pgsql is listed first, then the same thing happens to the
virtual server using MySQL authentication: the error logs show
postgresql auth failing, even though that virtual server is configured
for MySQL auth.

Is there a solution to this, or am I just going to have to set up
seperate servers (or try to install 2 instances of Apache on same server)?

Thanks for any advice,
DW