httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mike Dewhirst <mi...@dewhirst.com.au>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_python stops subversion
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2005 00:50:34 GMT
Joshua Slive wrote:
> On 7/25/05, Mike Dewhirst <miked@dewhirst.com.au> wrote:
>
>>I got a hint from the subversion list that I could maybe post this here.
>>Any advice appreciated.
>>
>>Overview
>>
>>I just added mod_python to apache2 and my subversion repositories are no
>>longer accessible via TortoiseSVN. Update returns the following error ...
>>
>>PROPFIND request failed on '/repos/xfiles/wip95'
>>PROPFIND of '/repos/xfiles/wip95': Could not read status line:
>>connection was closed by server. (http://svn.domain.com)
>>
>>I can remove the offending module and everything works again.
>

>>[Mon Jul 25 12:15:57 2005] [notice] child pid 3110 exit signal
>>Segmentation fault (11)
>

> Well, this means there is definitely a bug someplace.  The easiest way
> to find it would be to find the core dump (see the CoreDumpDirectory
> directive)

Having checked the docs I decided to make it /var/log/apache2/coredump
and put the directive at the end of httpd.conf.

I noticed that the log directory is owned by root and the group is root
as well. The logs themselves are rw-r--r--. They contain data so does
this mean Apache writes its logs with root privileges?

/etc/apache2/uid.conf indicates wwwrun and www as the userid and group
and the first directive in httpd.conf is Include /etc/apache2/uid.conf.

Does this mean something is broken?

> and get a backtrace to see who is at fault.

Should I (I'll try it) include mod_backtrace in the list of modules?

Thanks

Mike