httpd-users mailing list archives

From Devraj Mukherjee <l...@eternitytechnologies.com>
Subject [users@httpd] RewriteRule issue
Date Sun, 10 Jul 2005 23:17:00 GMT
Hi All,

I am implementing a site using Apache 2.0/PHP/MySQL and using the Typo3
content management product. Everything works well but (there is always a
but) a little Rewrite problem.

We migrated from a static site so Google and all the other search
engines still bring up search results for all the other static links.
Since the entire site is dynamic now and we are not using real urls for
the pages, most of the links that search engines bring up and invalid
documents.

Typo3 ships with a .htaccess file that has a Rewrite rule tohandle one
level deep URLs, such as http://debortoli.info/test/ is redirected back
to the root index.php file

All I now want to do is modify this Rewrite rule to act recursively,
such that if a request for http://debortoli.info/test2/test3/test4 is
recd it gets redirected to a page as well.

Any poitners and suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Devraj

--
Eternity Technologies Pty. Ltd. ACN 107 600 975
P O Box 5949 Wagga Wagga NSW 2650 Australia