httpd-users mailing list archives

From "jeremy-list@adtcs.com" <jeremy-l...@adtcs.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Suexec invocation problem
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2005 20:39:35 GMT
Joshua Slive wrote:

>On 7/1/05, jeremy-list@adtcs.com <jeremy-list@adtcs.com> wrote:
>

>>>However, suexec is not being invoked. When I say not being invoked, I
>>>dont mean it is failing one of its many test, I mean not being invoked
>>>at all.
>>>

>>Anyone have any thoughts on this issue. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!
>>

>I don't recall seeing any similar reports for 1.3, so my best guess
>would be a configuration issue on your part.  Are you SURE that the
>virtual host serving the requests is the one where you have the
>User/Group directives?  Are you SURE you are editting the correct
>httpd.conf?
>
>Joshua.

I am positive that the virtual host serving the requests is the one
where I have the

User/Group directives && that I am editing the correct httpd.conf.

Just to be sure I ran a test. I added the directive

SetEnv testval test

the virtualhost in question and gracefully restarted Apache.

Using PHP, I printed out phpinfo() output and observed

_SERVER["testval"]

as a SERVER variable available to PHP with the correct value.

As a side note I have successfully installed Suexec on 2.0.52, so am familiar with the stpes
involved.

At what point, if any, do I report this as a bug to Apache? What other steps does anyone recommend
for troubleshooting?

Thanks for the responses.

Jeremy