httpd-users mailing list archives

From s...@conman.org (Sean Conner)
Subject Re: AW: AW: [users@httpd] Too many open files ...
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2005 17:18:18 GMT
It was thus said that the Great Oliver Kirchel once stated:

> Hi,
> how can I raise the files per process. If I do "umilit -n" it shows
> 1024. Maybe its to less.

  You give "ulimit -n" a value, like "ulimit -n 2048".  What I did was I
found the startup script (usually something like "/etc/init.d/httpd" and add
the ulimit command just before the webserver is started.

  -spc (The other thing I've done is figure out if every sites *really*
	needs a separate error_log, and if not, combine them all into a
	single file ... )