httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Thomas" <thomas.hochstet...@gmx.net>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_rewrite issue
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2005 14:06:08 GMT
            Hi,

I have my site setup like this:

index.php?object=object&function=function&action=action&morethings .

I want to be able to have a url like this:

http://mysite.com/object/function/action or morethings.

As you can see, I want to map the url directly to my values (.i.e. /object/
to object=$object .)

I have read some documentation on mod_rewrite with .htaccess and come up
with this:

[code]

RewriteEngine on

RewriteRule ^([A-Za-z])$ /$1/ [R]

RewriteRule ^([A-Za-z])/$ index.php?object=$1

[/code]

Now, if I go http://mysite.com/signup/ it does not map it but only displays
a 404. What am I missing?

My document_root for Apache is not served out of the default folders but
from another location. I did not set it up as a virtual location. Does that
matter? It does not seem to even consider the .htaccess.

Thanks

Thomas