httpd-users mailing list archives

From dAniel hAhler <apache-us...@thequod.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] suexec with mod_chroot: "command not in docroot "
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2005 18:13:41 GMT
On Wednesday 20 July 2005 17:12, Gold, Samuel (Contractor) wrote:

> Cwd is current working directory, it is an environment variable.  At least
> from what I understand.  I am not sure what dwd is though.  Have you tried
> to use truss or strace to see if you are missing a command in your chrooted
> environment?  What OS are you using?

I've used makejail to make sure that all libs are there. It does not seem to
be a lib thing IMHO.

I find it interesting what Joshua writes:
> Your problem is probably that getcwd is returning the full
> (non-chrooted) path to AP_DOC_ROOT inside the jail.  I don't know how
> to get around that.

Does anybody have a idea, how I could test for that?

My other plan is to try sbox - it may handle the situation better.

Now, I'm rebuilding the Ubuntu apache2 package from source (the second time),
with a more informative error message (outputting dwd).

Let's see.