httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jeremy Weiland" <jweil...@alterthought.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] LDAP Authorization with Active Directory
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2005 19:55:53 GMT
I should be more clear.  When I load the following modules:

LoadModule ldap_module modules/util_ldap.so
LoadModule auth_ldap_module modules/mod_auth_ldap.so

Apache crashes in two cases: when I try to authenticate, and when I try to
shut down the server.

I'll try your tip with the validlogin@yourdomain.com, but honestly there's
something up because even if I don't try to login, Apache crashes on
shutdown when those above two modules are loaded.
______________________________

Jeremy Weiland
Systems Engineer

ALTERthought
4449 Cox Road
Glen Allen, VA 23060
(804) 934 - 0300
www.alterthought.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Gary W. Smith [mailto:gary@primeexalia.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2005 12:59 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] LDAP Authorization with Active Directory

With the exception of changing the user, domain name and password, this
was cut from a working ldap congfiguration.  Note the
validlogin@yourdomain.com.  I could never get the full DN to work
properly.  This works like a charm.

Also, I use forestdnszones as the ldap server as it will pickup any
domain controller on the local site.  There are 14 in total.  If one
goes down it will just bind to the next.

<Location /securedir>
    AuthLDAPAuthoritative on
    AuthLDAPEnabled on

    AuthName "My Secure Access"
    AuthType Basic
    AuthLDAPBindDN  validlogin@yourdomain.com
    AuthLDAPBindPassword somepassword
    AuthLDAPUrl
ldap://forestdnszones.yourdomain.com:389/ou=Users,dc=yourdomain,dc=com?s
amAccountName?sub?(objectClass=*)
    require valid-user

</Location>

ldap://vulcan:389/cn=Users,dc=alterthought,dc=com?sAMAccountName?sub?(ob
je