httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Large File Support in Apache 1.3.33
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2005 15:06:45 GMT
On Thu, Jul 07, 2005 at 08:10:42AM +1000, Dan Goodes wrote:
> Hi Folks
>
> I remember reading somewhere that Apache 1.3.33 supposedly supports large
> files >2G on 32-bit systems. However I'm not having much success.

No, this won't work in 1.3 since 1.3 uses "long" to represent file
sizes.  This approach should work with recent 2.0 releases, however.
But it causes incompatibilities with third-party modules and it's not
really supported in 2.0 either.

In the recent 2.1.6 alpha release large file support works out of the
box, no special compiler flags needed.

Regards,

joe