httpd-users mailing list archives

From Robert Zagarello <bz...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] OS 10048
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2005 14:53:43 GMT

I would think the process only starts up on boot.  Was
the process IIS?  If so you should be able to disable
its startup using the Services app.  If it was some
other process not a service, you can check your normal
startup locations in the registry (HKLM and HKCURR
/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Run).

BZAG

Alf Stockton wrote:

On Tue, 5 Jul 2005, ed elliott wrote:

> If you don't know what it is that is using the port,
do a "netsta -a -o -n" this will show you the pid of
the process that is listening on port 80 (it is
probably IIS)

Thank you. I found and killed the process. Now how to
I ensure that it does not
automatically restart at reboot?

---

Regards,