httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jirka Vejrazka <jirka.vejra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] apache displaying the directory contents...
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2005 14:00:19 GMT
> > i'm trying to figure out how to stop apache from displaying the
> > directory
> > contents if the index.html/php/etc file is not found...

  I usually don't compile module autoindex during apache installation.
If you don't compile apache yourself, just comment it out from config
file (hopefully, it's dynamic). Just comment out the line which says
"LoadModule autoindex....", check the configfile for any directives
that are related to the module and comment out these too.

   Jirka