httpd-users mailing list archives

From Kvetch <kve...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Alias not matching warning
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2005 20:44:10 GMT
Hello, I just upgraded from Apache 2.0.49 to Apache 2.0.54. I have a ton of
virtual hosts in my conf and now when I start Apache I get a million warning
messages stating
[warn] The Alias directive in /usr/local/apache2.0.54/conf/httpd.conf at
line 3267 will probably never match because it overlaps an earlier Alias.

My questions are - is this warning new because I can put my 2.0.49 conf in
the 2.0.54 install and still get the warnings. Did these overlapping Aliases
ever work? I am guessing they did not but Apache 2.0.49 didn't warn me about
it. Is this a new warning in the 2.05x versions? Is there a way to get an
overlapping Alias to work in a VHost with a different domain name? If I have
domain A with an Alias /test to /01/test1 and then domain B with an Alias
/test /01/test2, does domain B's Alias to /test go to /01/test?

Thanks,
Nick