httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ranjan, Rajiv" <Rajiv.Ran...@in.tesco.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Reverse proxing through apache where backend server users cookie authentication
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2005 11:50:17 GMT

_Rajiv

-----Original Message-----
From: Boyle Owen [mailto:Owen.Boyle@swx.com]
Sent: Monday, July 18, 2005 4:25 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Reverse proxing through apache where backend server users cookie
authentication

Plain text please...

The cookie is probably in the response so gets to the browser, but then does not get back
to teh server via the RewriteRule.

I think you might have to copy the cookie explicitly. Check http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_rewrite.html
and look for "cookie" for details. Something like:

	[CO=name_of_cookie:%{HTTP_COOKIE}:your_domain]

Rgds,
Owen Boyle