httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Kevin O'Neil" <kevinsl...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] cgi scripts not running
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2005 23:17:55 GMT
Stephen,
I think the answer may be that you have: <FORM METHOD=POST ACTION=”cgi-bin/mycgi.cgi”>
When called from the page that has the form on it... it is looking for the mycgi.cgi file
in: /var/www/html/cgi-bin
Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Thanks,
Kevin

  Hello Mark.

  Tried replacing

   <Directory “/var/www/cgi-bin/”>

  with

  <Directory “/var/www/cgi-bin”>

  Looking thro the Apache docs it should be

  <Directory “/var/www/cgi-bin”>

   And

  The +ExecCGI as far as I can tell is not needed as there is only one option within <Directory
“/var/www/cgi-bin”> so it’s the most specific one. But I did try it anyway!

  I’ve been trying various things ;

  I can http://localhost/cgi-bin/mycgi.cgi and see the script run correctly

  However, viewing the html file that invokes the script named by ACTION gives the error message
The file /cgi-bin/mycgi.cgi cannot be found

  The complete line is <FORM METHOD=POST ACTION=”cgi-bin/mycgi.cgi”>

  I’ve tried putting a / infront of the cgi-bin/mycgi.cgi        by the way

  Document_root=/var/www/html

  Cgi-bin =/var/www/cgi-bin

  Shebang line is ok, the script works from command line

   Thanks for you help, I’ll happily try any other suggestions

  Stephen