httpd-users mailing list archives

From Stephen Elmer <Stephen.El...@ccotrust.nhs.uk>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] cgi scripts not running
Date Sat, 30 Jul 2005 01:02:24 GMT
Thanks Kevin  - you got me thinking….I’ve got it going :-), but I think it
was all along!

Being rather new to all this (the linuxbox was built yesterday)…

The problem was I was accessing the html file by
file:///var/www/html/wp.html  when  submitted the cgi script will point to
/var/www/html/cgi-bin/mycgi.cgi– this gives the error message. It makes
sense to me now.

If I use HYPERLINK "http://localhost/wp.html"http://localhost/wp.html it
works fine, likewise if I access the cgi file with HYPERLINK
"http://localhost/cgi-bin/mycgi.cgi"http://localhost/cgi-bin/mycgi.cgi it
works

It was rather a good way of making me read the documents for the last two
days, but I do feel a bit of an idiot.

Many thanks to Mark and Kevin for your help, it is much appreciated

Stephen

   _____