httpd-users mailing list archives

From "K Anand" <kan...@sail-steel.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Basic Authentication question
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2005 05:51:45 GMT
Hi all,
I have a very basic question regarding authentication on apache...I have in
my httpd.conf a section like below :
<Directory "/">
    AuthType Basic
    AuthName "By Invitaion Only"
    AuthUserFile /etc/httpd/conf/passwd/passwords
    Require valid-user

</Directory>

Does this mean that everytime I access a different page on the server, I
will be asked a userid and password the first time it is accessed ??? let me
specify ....
I say http://a.b.c.d/
The browser prompts me for userid and password...
now i click a link on that page and say the request goes as
http://a.b.c.d/xyz.html
Will it prompt again for user id and password ??

Thanx
Anand