httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Feather" <markfeat...@customnet.co.uk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] cgi scripts not running
Date Sat, 30 Jul 2005 00:27:51 GMT
Is your Config file split up into several files, does your config file call (if thats the correct
word to use) other config files from elsewhere after your personal additions / alterations.
  If so this would i guess override all your own work?

Are you altering the correct Config File?  Is Apache reading some other config file and or
some other files?

Stephen,
Look closely at the errors: "/var/www/html/cgi-bin/mycgi.cgi"
It is looking in the html folder because you don't have the domain or ip before the cgi-bin.
yourdomain.com/cgi-bin/mycgi.cgi
I am unsure how to access the cgi-bin from the folder html without domain unless you have
the cgi-bin in the html folder like:

/var/www/html/cgi-bin/myfile.cgi would work with action="cgi-bin/mycgi.cgi" and even "/cgi-bin...

To access upwards .../cgi-bin/ should work.
Thanks,
Kevin
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Stephen Elmer
  To: 'users@httpd.apache.org'
  Sent: Friday, July 29, 2005 7:35 PM
  Subject: RE: [users@httpd] cgi scripts not running

  If I have <FORM METHOD=POST ACTION=”cgi-bin/mycgi.cgi”>     the error is    The
file /var/www/html/cgi-bin/mycgi.cgi cannot be found

  If I have <FORM METHOD=POST ACTION=”mycgi.cgi”>     the error is    The file /var/www/html/mycgi.cgi
cannot be found

  If I have <FORM METHOD=POST ACTION=”/cgi-bin/mycgi.cgi”>  the error is  The file
/cgi-bin/mycgi.cgi cannot be found

  So how do I get it to look in /var/www/cgi-bin

  I’ve put  ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/  “/var/www/cgi-bin/”  in the config file, dosen’t
this do it?

  Thanks

  Stephen