httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Michael" <Mich...@bio-world.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Speed
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2005 17:16:14 GMT
Here is the situation:
DNS has entry of
 new CNAME bio-world.com
bio-world is hosted at 66.64.142.34(IIS) and then there is redirection for
new.bio-world.com to 66.64.142.35 where the new.bio-world.com apache.
Somehow if i enter in DNS new CNAME 66.64.142.35 it doesnt work. I dont know
why.
You wont be able to access http://66.64.142.34 or
http://66.64.142.34/bioworld because this different machine but you should
be able to access wither http://66.64.142.35 http://66.64.142.35/bioworld
I`m going to upgrade apache then try to set up the PTR
----- Original Message -----
From: "Axel-St├ęphane SMORGRAV" <Axel-Stephane.SMORGRAV@europe.adp.com>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, July 22, 2005 12:16 PM
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Speed

> How can i maintain the new.bio-world.com name instead of that ip ?
> Would that be the servername in httpd.conf ??

I have to revise my opinion about that now that you have changed the
redirection. The IP address of new.bio-world.com is 66.64.142.34. The
address I was redirected to is different, e.g. 66.64.142.35, so it must be
set by whoever does the redirection.

66.64.142.35 does not have a PTR record.

Are you using named virtual hosts? When I request http://66.64.142.34/ I get
a HTTP 404...

WRT to the delay, I note that it only occurs in the request for the PHP and
http://66.64.142.34/bioworld. None of the static resources exhibit such
delays. Could there be something in the interaction between Apache and PHP
or in the application itself? I do not have any experience with PHP.

Your Apache is a little old (2.0.40). You should consider upgrading.

-ascs