httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Mark Feather" <markfeat...@customnet.co.uk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] cgi scripts not running
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2005 22:51:48 GMT
Where is your Document Root in relation to your cgi-bin?
Does your scripts Shebang line point to the correct location of bash?
Is there anything in your error logs that may help?

Try a perl cgi script, create a file called test.cgi and place the following
code into it, does it run correctly in the browser?

#!/usr/bin/perl #change this if required
print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
print "Hello World";

Allso try changing

AllowOverride None
Allow from all
Order allow,deny

AllowOverride None
Order allow,deny
Allow from all

so that it all reads

<Directory "/var/www/cgi-bin">
 Options +ExecCGI +Includes -indexes
 AllowOverride None
 Order allow,deny
 Allow from all
</Directory>

Allso is

<Directory “/var/www/cgi-bin/”>

Options ExecCGI

  the same as

<Directory “/var/www/cgi-bin”>

Options +ExecCGI

Try replacing

<Directory “/var/www/cgi-bin/”>
with
<Directory “/var/www/cgi-bin”>

Thanks Wesley for your reply.

Unfortunately that not it, the script has the extension .cgi

I find it a bit odd that unless I put the entire path in my web page, the
script cannot be found.

 i.e. I have to put     ACTION=”/var/www/cgi-bin/mycgi.cgi” instead of
ACTION=”/mycgi.cgi” or ACTION=”/cgi-bin//mycgi.cgi”

what do you think?

Stephen