httpd-users mailing list archives

From Scott Gifford <sgiff...@suspectclass.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_rewrite: Overwriting REMOTE_ADDR with HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2005 15:13:41 GMT
Werner Schalk <werner_schalk@gmx.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> well apologies for bringing this issue up again but none of the suggested
> solutions actually does work. I tried the following output filter:

Why do you need to solve it exactly this way?  Can't you instruct your
code or your Apache to simply consult HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR instead of
or in addition to REMOTE_ADDR?

It looks like your application is in PHP.  Can't you simply set the
environment variables how you want them when your code starts running,
perhaps using a library if you need to do it many places?

----ScottG.