httpd-users mailing list archives

From Garth Armorer <kiske...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Help!! Can't get vhosts working properly
Date Sun, 05 Jun 2005 03:03:20 GMT
HI Eimantas,
Thanks for replying.
The problem turned out to be that, the vhost IP address I was using
should've been the localhost
address instead of the external address seen from my ISP. Once that was
fixed everything fell into place.
Now I can attempt to add bells and whistles. Like an actual web page. :-)
But that's a whole other can of worms.
Gracias,
Garth

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Eimantas Vaičiūnas <eimantas.vaiciunas@sc.vu.lt>
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 11:09:24 +0300
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Help!! Can't get vhosts working properly
Hello Garth,

You want to say, that you should get the same data from
http://www.testname.com/mystreet in http://street.testname.com? If so then
you should check where you defined Alias and check the DocumentRoot in the
second virtual host. You DO realise if you're using name-based virtual
hosting you must define default host as first virtual hostin configuration
file.

http://street.testname.com>. I have an alias mystreet
http://www.testname.com/mystreet> in the
http://street.testname.com> which should go to the