httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] ProxyPassReverse in <Location> context
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2005 20:03:52 GMT
On 6/8/05, Axel-St├ęphane  SMORGRAV
<Axel-Stephane.SMORGRAV@europe.adp.com> wrote:

> whenever http://appserver/ (the backend server) returns a redirection (302), I want the
Location header to be rewritten and prefixed with either /first/ or /last/ depending on the
URL that the reverse proxy was invoked with.

> If I request http://reverse-proxy/last/path, and the backend server responds with a redirect
to http://appserver/newpath, the client should receive a redirect to http://reverse-proxy/last/newpath.
I thought this was the way it was supposed to work.

up being redirected to http://reverse-proxy/first/newpath.

> Is this a bug, a feature, or is it just plain impossible to implement ProxyPassReverse
the way I expected it to work??

I haven't tried it, but I don't believe this is possible.  I believe
that ProxyPassReverse simply looks at the Location: header coming
back, and if it matches the ProxyPassReverse argument, it rewrites it.
 It does not compare to the path on the original request.

Joshua.