httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache2 Action/Handler problem
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2005 23:33:00 GMT
On 6/2/05, Jean-Marc Jacquot <jean-marc.jacquot@investis.com> wrote:
> Joshua,
>
> Thank you very much for this information and also for the suggestion,
> I've been able to solve my problem with it.
>
> I think that the information regarding the change in mod_actions should
> be in the documentation. Does anyone reading this list has the
> possibility to do it quickly or should I post a bug report to suggest it  ?

If you look at the 2.1 docs:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.1/mod/mod_actions.html#action
you'll see that Action has been changed to allow either behavior.

This should be documented in the upgrading docs in 2.0, but there has
been an ongoing discussion about whether the behavior should be
changed back, or whether the 2.1 behavior should be backported, so
nobody every bothered documenting the current state.

Joshua.