httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache2 Action/Handler problem
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2005 17:21:16 GMT
On 6/1/05, Jean-Marc Jacquot <> wrote:
> AddHandler pdf .pdf
> Action pdf /cgi-bin/
> The expected result is that when you call an url pointing to a .pdf
> file, it call the handler the script instead of returning the file. BTW,
> the script is working fine when I call it directly so it's not that it's
> not recognised as Script.

What exactly happens when you try this?  What is in the error and access logs?

There is one notable difference in Action in 2.0: it won't map files
that don't exist.  If that is what you are trying to do, you should
instead use something like
AliasMatch .*\.pdf$ /usr/local/apache2/cgi-bin/

See <URL:> for more info.
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
   "   from the digest:
For additional commands, e-mail: