httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jsl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Is it possible to get rid of error_log entry when using ErrorDocument for 404?
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2005 17:18:34 GMT
On 6/1/05, Igor Yu. Zhbanov <bsg@uniyar.ac.ru> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> // Apache/2.0.53 (Unix) PHP/4.3.10
>
> I am using .htaccess to set handler for missing documents. They are not really
> missing. It is a trick to have beautiful URLs when generating site content
> from a database.

> Is there a way to tell Apache from error document that everything is alright
> and I don't want a record in error log?

You can adjust LogLevel, but that probably isn't smart.

If you can express the set of URLs that you want covered by this in a
regular expression, then you should use a technique like
AliasMatch ^/path/.* /home/bsg/public_html/e/found.php
Otherwise, mod_rewrite provides various methods for doing stuff like
this.  The rewrite guide even has an example for testing if a file
exists.

Joshua.