httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Arthur Guy" <art...@astarsolutions.co.uk>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Compression and Security
Date Sat, 25 Jun 2005 21:20:13 GMT
Does gzip compression and browser decompression support images or is it just
html and text?

The mod_deflate documentation doesn't say anything about images except for
instructions on how to get it to not compress them.

Is the name mod_security correct, searching for it in the documentation
doesn't return anything?

Thanks

Arthur

 <mailto:arthur@astarsolutions.co.uk> arthur@astarsolutions.co.uk

  _____

From: Praveen Alavilli [mailto:Praveen1992@aol.com]
Sent: 25 June 2005 20:40
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Compression and Security

you should check out Apache modules mod_deflate & mod_security

Arthur Guy wrote on 6/25/2005, 3:13 PM:

There are two things I have been trying to find out about apache but I have
been unable, I hope you guys can help.

The first thing is compression, on my current IIS server I have a utility
that compresses the site and files before it is sent, the users browser then
unzips them, is there a similar thing for apache? Is it already installed?
If not where would I get it from?

The second thing is security, for IIS there is a security patched called IIS
Lockdown, it installs several filters which monitor the URL among other
thing, this picks up malformed and other potentially dangerous requests
before they reach there server; does apache have a similar thing, does it
need something like this?

Thanks for any advice

Arthur

 <mailto:arthur@astarsolutions.co.uk> arthur@astarsolutions.co.uk

  _____

'a star solutions' disclaimer
material.
notified that any use, review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution,
reproduction or any action taken in reliance upon this message is
prohibited.
If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the
material from any computer.
Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and
may not necessarily reflect the views of the company.
We believe that this communication is free from viruses and other
potentially dangerous programmes, but the recipient opens this communication
at their own risk.
We assume no responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the receipt
or use of this communication

  _____

'a star solutions' disclaimer
If you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified that any use,