httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] WAP .htaccess authentication
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2005 07:06:55 GMT
Plain text please...

What does "does not work" mean?

Describe *exactly* what happens in the browser (cut'n'paste messages) and what you get in
the apache error_log.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Carel [mailto:kirby_12172004@yahoo.com]
Sent: Mittwoch, 22. Juni 2005 09:01
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] WAP .htaccess authentication

Hi to all;

I am trying to password protect a directory that contains a .wml page. I am running Apache
1.3.29 in a Linux Advance server and do use ".htaccess" ....but it does not work for .wml
. htaccess authentication work with html browser but not in a WAP mobile browser.

I configure http.conf to include wap parameters:

DirectoryIndex  index.wml
 Addtype text/vnd.wap.wml wml
 Addtype application/vnd.wap.wmlc wmlc
 Addtype text/vnd.wap.wmlscript wmls
 Addtype application/vnd.wap.wmlscriptc wmlsc
 Addtype image/vnd.wap.wbmp wbmp

And the .htaccess:

AuthName "WAP Access"
AuthType Basic
AuthUserFile /home/www/htdocs/wap/htpasswd.users
require valid-user

This works if browsed with an http browser but not in WAP mobile browser. Do I missed something?
I've searched all over the internet but the solution still doesnt works.

Please help me.... and thanks in advanced.

Regards,

KBC

the sender's company.