httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] settings in /etc/init.d/httpd ?
Date Tue, 07 Jun 2005 06:26:24 GMT

You can achieve the effect of individual VH control by editing the config and issuing a graceful
restart. Eg.

Original config:

<VH>
  ServerName site_1
  Allow from all
  ...etc
</VH>
<VH>
  ServerName site_2
  Allow from all
  ...etc
</VH>

So apache serves two sites happily. Then edit the config:

<VH>
  ServerName site_1
  Allow from all
  ...etc
</VH>
<VH>
  ServerName site_2
  Deny from all
  ...etc
</VH>

And do "apachectl graceful". Site_1 continues to be served as if nothing has happened (existing
sessions are not interrupted) but site_2 suddenly becomes 401. Of course, you can do anything
to site_2, eg, redirect to a static page saying "sorry - site down".

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

the sender's company.