httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache 1.3 with Non-secure and Secure Server
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2005 07:45:00 GMT

If you have one instance of apache, then the two servers are actually port-based virtualhosts
(one on port 80, the other on port 443). You can't "stop" virtualhosts individually (in the
strict sense of killing the process). However, if you want to *disable* in some way a virtualhost
on a running server, there are plenty of ways to achieve this (eg, Listen, Alias, Redirect,
Deny directives then a graceful).

What exactly are do you want to happen and under what circumstances?

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> --
> Kory Wheatley