httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jack Stone" <anten...@hotmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Forbid Directory Listings
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2005 02:54:01 GMT
I've just moved to Apache-2.0.54 from Apache-1.33x on FBSD-5.4

There is one feature that the Apache-1.33 appears to have by default I
liked, but is not yet working for me on Apache-2.0x and I have looked at my
configs & the archives until my head is exploding for the knob(s).

The feature in Apache-1.33 wanted:
If a directory is without an index.htm(or php, etc), the browser will show
this error:
====================================
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /tmp/ on this server.
Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.domain.com Port 80

Thus, the above prevents browsers to search a directory at will. If one
knows the right filename, then that will work and is okay, but I don't want
someone seeing an open list of files contained in the directory.

Would someone kindly point me in the right direction on how to set this same
knob in Apache-2x...??

Appreciate any help....

Best regards,
Jack