httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jack Stone" <anten...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Forbid Directory Listings
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2005 13:32:27 GMT
>From: "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Boyle@swx.com>
>To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
>Subject: RE: [users@httpd] Forbid Directory Listings

Owen: Thanks so much! That was the knob I was looking for.

Sorry I didn't look at the "Options" page even though the config file says
"important."

It's usually something simple overlooked.

BTW: Both my apache-1.3 and 2 have this config line:
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks

So, dunno why 1.3x is denying any listing of directories and that through me
off that trail.

Once I added the minus to -Indexes - Voila!

Best of regards to you,
Jack